2014 Flora Springs Chardonnay Family Select

Estate: Flora Springs Family Estate
Region: Napa Valley, California, United States of America


Tasting Note:May 26, 2016

This was the second of the three Chardonnays we got from Flora Springs Winery for #ChardonnayDay. Lightest of the three in color. Started of very tight. Let it breathe for a couple hours and it opened up with citrus notes like orange peels and some hay. Seemed a little creamy too. Tangy texture and tight on the palate to start. Seemed a little single layered with some citrus notes. Moderate acidity (6/10) and low to medium bodied. A tad sharp with a moderate finish. Would be nice to try one that is a year old and see how it differs.

This is the debut vintage of their Family Select Chardonnay. 75% of the fruit is from the Oakville and the other 25% from the Carneros region. Aged and fermented for 10 months in 90% used oak and 10% concrete vessels. Large production with 2,430 cases produced.

Drink Dates:

2016 till 2019.


86 points.

Price Point:

$$ - Sample provided by Flora Springs Winery & Vineyard. Can be purchased at the Estate or online $35.00.