2008 Continuum Proprietary Red

Estate: Continuum Estate

Region: Napa Valley, North Coast, California, United States of America

 Perfect wine for a late Father's Day Celebration!

Perfect wine for a late Father's Day Celebration!

Tasting Note:June 25, 2016

First time we are doing a detailed note on one of the wines from Tim Mondavi's Continuum Estate. Garnet red with a deep and dark core. Very warm nose with some baking spices, soft dark fruits (like mulberry and plums) and some dark cocoa. Silky texture and beautifully extracted with some powerful moderate plus tannins (7.5/10) holding through. Fruit forward attack with an onslaught of dark fruits. Layers of baking spices, cinnamon and a little vanilla. Full bodied with some forest floor undertones. Just melts on your tongue with a long and lingering finish. Very well integrated and balanced.


Fourth vintage under the Continuum Estate label where over 70% of the fruit comes from the estate vineyard located on Pritchard Hill. The other 30% is sourced mainly from Oakville and Stages Leap District, from a vineyard Tim Mondavi planted back in 1973. The Continuum Estate Vineyard is in a spectacular location with a longer growing season due to a high elevation. This longer growing season can be attributed to even frost free temperatures and low vigor stony soils. Both of which lead to growing great red wine. This vintage is a blend of 71% Cabernet Sauvignon, 17% Cabernet Franc, 7% Petit Verdot and 5% Merlot. Aged for 20 months in 100% new French oak.

Drink Dates:

2016 till 2024.

Rating:

95 points.

Price Point:

$$$ - Can be purchased for $149.99 through Benchmark Wine Group.